Friday, August 6, 2010

Some Birthday News!


Happy Birthday to meeee!

So it's Atomic Bomb Drop Anniversary Day, otherwise known as my birthday. Also, the Holy Roman Empire came to an end today as well, in 1806 after Napoleon totally owned Europe.

One little tradition I have that has been done for the past 3 preseasons is going to the ISU Soccer Fall Camp and meeting the new freshmen, seeing friendly faces again and getting the feel for how the season will go. Because the first few camps always fall on my birthday, the soccer team will sing me "Happy Birthday." It's our little tradition!

I guess you all are expecting some news, so I'll get on that...eh...should be anytime now...oh hey there we go!

Lauren Hough, as I reported a month ago, was not going to be playing this season due to her back. Well, as I learned today when I stopped by the camp, she has decided to play after all!!! *Crowds by the Brandenberger Tor erupt in a frenzy* She is a senior so I speculate that she wants to play regardless of the pain because this is her last hurrah and she wants to play. Godspeed Houghie, and I'll be rocking #24!

Frank Mercogliano, as I found out today after dropping by the first official football camp, will be taking off to assume SID duties for New Mexico Lobo Basketball. He will be here for a few days and then 13 days from today he will be in Albuquerque. Frank has done a lot for ISU and given the work he has done over the years (all 13 of them) you wonder why this didn't happen sooner. I've had a lot of fun with Frank in my time here and I wish him the very best in New Mexico, where the Lobos only went 30-5 last year in basketball. No big deal, really. ISU will sorely miss his experience, his tempo, his enthusiasm and general awesomeness. We all have our "Frank Moments" (I have plenty and I'm sure if you compiled them all you'd fill volumes) and I will miss him. Best of luck my man! And thanks for everything!

Also, ISU Football will be saying goodbye to Brad Bugger, who is stepping down from color commentating with their games. It was fun Brad and I'll miss your voice on Bengal Football as will many other faithful listeners. The announcement in the link comes at the bottom of the entry, past the stuff about Sac State potentially joining the WAC plus a full analysis of who they are this year (courtesy of "The Bengal Blog!")

No comments: