Monday, November 8, 2010

Some Quick Notes on Coverage

First off, sorry for the long hiatus. Life kind of got in the way there but it's ok because now I'm back and things have settled down (and they'll be REALLY settled next year after I obtain my degree this coming Spring).

Due to the Journal not having enough people to cover women's basketball (heh heh), I'll offer coverage the best I can.

And the best part: I'm sure as hell am not neutral :)

Anyways, Women's Basketball beat up on New Mexico Highlands last week, 65-54. Kaela Oakes, ISU's Mighty Mouse, scored a game-high 18 points, and ISU turned it up in the second half to put away the Cowgirls, who were only down by 3 at halftime. ISU made the necessary adjustments and kept the Cowgirls at bay for the rest of the game for a pleasant exhibition victorah.

ISU officially opens the campaign for Wooden Trophy Glory this Friday, at 7:05 against Loyola Marymount University. Tip off is at Reed Gym, myaw.

3 comments:

Moose said...

So what do you think the girls chances are this year? I was shocked at the lack of size and experience of the squad at the first game. I was sure Sobo would go out and get a JC transfer in the 4/5 position. He got away with it last year because Oana was a rock, but now he has 2 freshman and 2 sophs at 6' or over. We have only 1 front line player with any college experience. He started Pickering who was a shooting guard at the 4 the first game. Yikes! I hope he knows what he is doing.

Anonymous said...

The Journal doesn't have enough people? Don't they have just as many people now as they did a year ago when they did cover women's sports?

BuckeyeInIdaho said...

I'm sure we'll be fine. Sobo-coached teams are some of the most tenacious in the Big Sky Conference. Sure they're small but they're wickedly physical and they are very tough.